Thursday, February 5, 2009

//Giving a baker's dozen worth of support to fellow foodies

Support good eats. Support Good Food. Evan Kleiman's Saturday morning show on KCRW 89.9 is part of a nutritionally balanced brunch for anyone who has even a modicum of interest in food culture. I can't tell you the number of times I've scheduled my weekend outings and meetings around her show just because I didn't want to miss it. If it wasn't for her half hour program, I probably would never have learned where I could obtain the best Thai food in Los Angeles, what was fresh at the farmers' market on any given week, that a Korean taco truck even existed, who Gary Taubes is and what his book is all about, or why a certain kind of coffee costs $60 in Santa Monica. She show is as informative as it is entertaining and inspiring.

If you're someone who's enjoyed her program in the past, please consider donating to KCRW during this pledge drive so that the show may continue.

No comments:

Post a Comment